Tips to save money with Car Rental
I Love To
Select Pickup City ,
Select Dropoff City ,
- Dropoff Date
1. Always try to hire cars on times of popular festive occasions. Although this will not be possible for people who book self-drive cars for attending office meetings or workshops, it is a valid option for people who rarely book these cars. If you are not a regular customer of the self-drive car services, then you should look for festive occasions like Ganesh Chaturthi or Christmas or Onam etc. Generally, the car rental services offer nice and affordable offers on cars if someone hires those on these occasions. If you require self-drive cars for pandal hopping or a trip from the hotel to the airport during the Christmas holidays or a sight-seeing tour of the city during the festive occasions, you will get some nice offers if you book a car from a rental company.
2. Book cars in groups, so that the rent could be shared by more number of people. Say, for example, you want to go out with your family, if you can couple this outing with one or more families, then you will get bulk discounts for the cars. This is also applicable for office employees. Say, for example, you will have to go outside the city in an office meeting or to attend a seminar, then try to attend the seminar in a group of three or more. That way, you book bigger cars and you will get a certain percentage rebate on booking those cars. Also Read: Documents Required For Rent a Car in Kerala
2. Book cars in groups, so that the rent could be shared by more number of people. Say, for example, you want to go out with your family, if you can couple this outing with one or more families, then you will get bulk discounts for the cars. This is also applicable for office employees. Say, for example, you will have to go outside the city in an office meeting or to attend a seminar, then try to attend the seminar in a group of three or more. That way, you book bigger cars and you will get a certain percentage rebate on booking those cars.
Also Read: Documents Required For Rent a Car in Kerala
3. Join a reward program or a lifetime membership in the rental car company. This is advisable for all those people who require renting self-car service once or twice a month. If you require a self-drive car service only once a year, then joining a lifetime membership of the car company won’t be fruitful for you. By joining the reward program, you will earn loyalty points, every time you book the car. You will be able to redeem those loyalty points once or twice a year by getting rebates, discounts or sometimes a free car booking offer for once within a certain period of validity (if the loyalty points are high). The reward programs will differ according to the company you are taking the service from. If you become a life member of the company, you have to pay a lower annual fee to keep your membership from cancellation and hiring the cars for the year, than all those people who are hiring self-drive cars without holding any life membership.
4. You can also search for happy hours for booking. This is advisable for those who book rental car services for work purpose. Sometimes managers require self-drive cars every day between some odd non-peak hours. Therefore, owing to the frequency of hiring, some rental car companies are willing to declare that time period as the happy hour time period. The customers get some discounts for renting cars regularly at those times. All those customers who hire rental cars once a month only for a family purpose can also try hiring during the happy hour to decrease the cost.
5. Sometimes having the car get delivered at the airport or a temple or a seven-star restaurant incurs some extra money. This may be the parking charges or concession fees or certain taxes etc. Therefore, try to either get the car delivered in the car parking space of your own house or in a common public place to avoid paying unnecessary extra charges.
6. If you want to save as much as possible on self-drive car rental services, then you should pay for the bare minimum and use minimal facilities along with the car. What this means that it is obvious that an air-conditioned car will cost you more than a car without an air conditioner. A car rented along with a chauffeur will obviously cost you more than the cars that you drive yourself. A car with a full tank of petrol will cost you more than a car with minimum petrol. Having said all this, there are some fallacies, if you are traveling with your family, then an air-conditioned car is more suitable than a non-ac car. If you don’t know the roads that will take you to your destination or the car parking rules of an area, then it is better to hire a professional area. Otherwise, you may get unnecessary parking tickets or fines. This will again increase your cost and incur extra hassles. If you don’t know where the nearest petrol stations are, it is better to keep the tank full before driving or else you might get into deep trouble.
Lastly, if you frequently require self-drive cars, then try to achieve more than one goals each day. What this means is that schedule your appointments and meetings in such a way, that the rental car can take you at multiple locations on a single day. You can align your work in such a way that more than one meeting (if plausible) are covered on one day. This will save not your money, but a lot of petrol and help the community as well.
Therefore, there are methods by which you can really save money on renting private cars. However, as you see that not every option is for everybody. You need to figure out your needs before you hire a car from a car rental company. The methods to save money for rare users are sometimes different from those of frequent users. However, the frequent customers of self-drive cars have a lot of options to redeem discounts, gifts, and offers from the car rental company.