Trip from Chennai to Tirupati
Book a Self-Drive Car and get hassle-free premium car rental services, 24x7 support and roadside assistance anywhere you are. IndusGo offers affordable rental car services in Kochi, Chennai and all major cities of Kerala.
Pilgrimage Trip from Chennai to Tirupati by own Rental Car
Chennai and Tirupati are located 160 KM apart and comprise a route flanked by a large number of temples. Apart from these temples, the route also offers scenic delights and offers excellent opportunities for road trips. So, if you are also planning a trip from Chennai to Tirupati any time in the near future, we recommend opting for self-drive car rentals instead of taking a taxi. This will allow you to enjoy this scenic route in the best possible manner and you can take as many stops as you want to explore all the temples on this route.
Find out more about the pilgrimage trip from Chennai to Tirupati in the following sections and make the most of your experience.
So, here we go!
One day trip from Chennai to Tirupati – All that you should know about it:
Distance: 160 KM
Time taken: 2.30 hours to 3.30 hours
Best time to start the journey: Early in the morning around 5.30 am
Best time to visit: October to February
Modes of transport available: Flights, Trains, Buses and Cars
Route information for one day trip from Chennai to Tirupati:
There are three popular routes from Chennai to Tirupati:
Route 1 : Chennai – Puzhal – Periyapalayam – Kailasakona – Nagalapuram – Tirupati
Route 2: Chennai – Perumalpattu – Tiruvallur – Puttur – Tirupati
Route 3: Chennai – Tiruvallur – Thiruthani – Puttur – Tirupati
Route 1 is the fastest route.
One day trip from Chennai to Tirupati – Temples to visit:
There are many small attractions in Puzhal such as Puzhal Lake, Cholavaram Lake, Puzhal Aeri, Tiruverkadu Devi Karumariamman Temple and Adeeswar Temple. Both these temples have wonderful architecture and are famous among tourists and locals. Thirumoolanthar Temple is also one of the famous temples here which is famous for its healing abilities as well.
Best temples to visit here are:
Tiruverkadu Devi Karumariamman Temple
The next stop in the journey, Periyapalayam, is also famous for temples and tourist attractions. Sri Bhavani Amman Temple is dedicated to Goddess Bhavani and is located over the Arani River. Apart from being famous for its carvings and patterns, the temple is also famous for the festivals that are celebrated by thousands of visitors and tourists.
Kailasakona is the next stop which is famous for the Kailasakona waterfalls and the Lord Vishnu Temple which is located on the way to the waterfalls. Both the attractions are located in Narayanavanam Mandal and are a must-take stop on your trip from Chennai to Tirupati.
Nagalapuram is home to many temples that you can explore on your journey. Some of the most notable ones are:
Matsya Narayana Temple or Sri Vedanarayana Temple which is dedicated to the Matsya Avatar of Lord Vishnu.
Kali Amman Temple
Matsya Narayana Temple has a brilliant façade with imposing carvings and patterns. The mahotsavam or the temple festival is famous among the locals and visitors and many people plan their trip from Chennai to Tirupati around the temple festivals.
Tirupati is the final destination on the route which is one of the major pilgrimages of Southern India. Being the seat of Lord Balaji, Tirupati has many other temples in and around. Some of the most notable temples here are:
Sri Venkateswara Temple
Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple
There are many other amazing tourist places to visit in Tirupati that you can explore after the Darshanam. Mostly it takes around 3 to 4 hours for Darshan at the Lord Venkateswara Temple. So, we recommend planning your itinerary accordingly.
Places of interest in and around Tirupati:
Sri Venkateswara National Park
Srivari Museum etc
Now that you have found about the famous temples to visit on your trip from Chennai to Tirupati, you must have come to know that car rental are the best option to explore the many other attractions on your way. With a car at your disposal, you don’t have to stick to the timings and even enjoy longer breaks on your way to and from Tirupati. You can also arrive back in Chennai late in the night without feeling a little bit worried about your travel safety.
IndusGo offers reliable and flexible car rentals that help you to enjoy easy and tension-free travels anywhere. We are a name that speaks for itself in the automobile industry. The IndusGo car rentals are perfect for a one day trip from Chennai to Tirupati because they are:
1. Flexible – You can specify a pick-up and drop-off point of your choice and make all kinds of bookings online. The rentals are available for hours, days, weeks, months and even years! So, we are sure that our flexibility is unbeatable!
2. Affordable – We have a large fleet of cars to choose from. You can find a small economy car to suit your budget and also find SUVs to travel as a large group. We also offer luxury cars to suit the travel needs of our customers. The rentals start for as much as INR 70 per hour (without fuel) and lead to more than 40% savings on travelling expenses.
3. Packages – We also offer KMS packages in which the starting kilometres are included in the cost of booking and offer our customers even bigger savings. So, with IndusGo, you can travel without hurting your pockets.
4. Zero Security Deposits – When all the other companies go for security deposits, we don’t bother our customers with them. You can book any car from our fleet without paying any security deposit.
5. Safe, Secure and Always Cared For – Our team is ready to offer 24X7 road assistance at all times to all the customers. All the vehicles are verified and registered. So, travelling with us comes with many perks.
So, go for IndusGo car rentals and make the most of your one day trip from Chennai to Tirupati!
Keep Travelling without worrying!